DAN Asia-Pacific Membership Benefits
- 24-hours, 7 days a week, medical assistance, in the event of a diving accident or illness worldwide.
- Emergency Evacuationfrom almost anywhere in the world to an appropriate medical facility for both diving & non-diving accidents.
As part of DAN Asia-Pacific Membership, our Members automatically gain access to a broad range of TravelAssist benefits. A key TravelAssist benefit is Emergency Evacuation Coverage.
A DAN Member, who is travelling more than 80km from home (measured directly by air), can be evacuated from almost anywhere in the world to an appropriate medical facility, in the event of an accident or illness. Up to US$150,000 per person (if a Family Membership) evacuation cover is valid whether the accident is diving related or not during any travel trip.
Note: The 80km evacuation rule is waived in the case of diving emergencies only where a Member has elected to take out Optional Dive Injury (Treatment) Insurance.
- A range of Travel Assistance benefits, including pre-trip information, return of travel companion, emergency cash advance, and much more. Read TravelAssist Benefits & Conditions Here.
- Medical advice.
Access to Optional DAN Dive injury (Treatment) Insurance Plans
- There are several treatment plans for divers to choose from at the time of joining DAN.
- Flexibility in the choice of plan for each family member. If electing to take out a treatment insurance plan, each family member can select the plan that best matches their individual needs.
Membership Card & Annual Member Benefits
- You will be sent a DAN AP Membership Card and a weatherproof "First Aid for Decompression Illness" Sticker with the latest Emergency Hotline Numbers.
- You receive a subscription to DAN AP's quarterly Alert Diver magazine, the only dedicated diving health and safety magazine in the Asia-Pacific, filled with authoritative and engaging dive safety content in every issue.
- Thanks to our Media Partnership with ScubaDiver Australasia, DAN AP Members also receive a digital subscription to ScubaDiver Australasia Magazine, filled with mind-blowing images, the low-down on the newest dive equipment, the most exciting destinations, stories from the world of science and conservation, and more!
You also receive a subscription to the quarterly e-newsletters, Deeper with DAN and Safety Stop.
- You gain access to an ever-expanding range of dive health and safety content including online seminars, reports, findings from research initiatives, articles from past issues of Alert Diver, and book downloads.